Make your home more appealing for yourself and potential buyers with these quick and easy tips:
- Trim bushes so they don’t block windows or architectural details.
- Mow your lawn, and turn on the sprinklers for 30 minutes before the showing to make the lawn sparkle.
- Put a pot of bright flowers (or a small evergreen in winter) on your porch.
- Install new doorknobs on your front door.
- Repair any cracks in the driveway.
- Edge the grass around walkways and trees.
- Keep your garden tools and hoses out of sight.
- Clear toys from the lawn.
- Buy a new mailbox.
- Upgrade your outside lighting.
- Buy a new doormat for the outside of your front door.
- Clean your windows, inside and outside.
- Polish or replace your house numbers.
- Place a seasonal wreath on your door.
Rick’s knowledge and professional personalize approach in assisting clients began in 1976, after graduating from the University of Illinois with a B.S. Degree in Finance, with special concentration in Real Estate and Urban Economics. He is the firms Designated Managing Broker.
Besides yearly sales achievement awards, Rick was twice elected President of the Quincy Association of REALTORS® and was honored by the Q.A.R. with Realtor of the Year and the Outstanding Career Realtoraward. Rick is experienced in residential and commercial sales and leasing, with an added background in the Management and Rehabilitation of rental property. He served as Commissioner and Chairman of the Quincy Housing Authority for over 17 years, providing oversight to over 300 subsidized housing units; which functions to ensure the availability of clean, safe and affordable housing for low income residents in our area.
For nearly 10 years, Rick held a Pre-License Instructor license, teaching the necessary coursework for those seeking Real Estate careers, while continuing to mentor and train new agents in development of successful careers.